Frequently Asked Questions

Contact Information
Renton Municipal Court
1055 South Grady Way
Renton, WA 98057

How do I find or change my court date?

Court dates can be found at Washington Courts.

Information on Photo Enforcement court dates can be found by contacting the court.

Contact your attorney to change any hearing dates currently set by the court.

If you do not have an attorney, please contact the court for specific instructions for requesting a continuance.

How do I contact SCORE jail?

Phone: 206-257-6200
Lobby Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. 

20817 17th Avenue South
Des Moines, WA 98198 

SCORE Website
Inmate Roster

How do I screen for a public defender?

You will be granted an opportunity to screen for a public defender at arraignment and again at any time during the court process if your financial circumstances change.

The court requires completion of an Indigency Screening Form.


How do I contact my public defender?

If you have been appointed a public defender by the court, you may contact your public defender directly:

How do I respond to an Infraction Citation?

You must request a hearing on the Notice of Infraction. For in-person hearings you may submit an online Infraction Hearing Request.

Mitigation Hearing (Virtual via Zoom) request a mitigation hearing if you agree the infraction was committed but want to explain the circumstances. The judge may reduce the penalty depending on mitigating circumstances. You will be notified in writing of your mitigation hearing date.

Mitigation Hearing By Mail Does not require an appearance in court. You must write a statement agreeing that the infraction was committed. The court will review your statement, any photos/video of the incident and the police officer’s sworn statement, then render a decision.

If the infraction will be found to have been committed, a monetary penalty will be determined. The judge may reduce the penalty depending on mitigating circumstances. You will be notified by mail of the judge’s decision and you agree to pay the penalty within 60 days of the decision. Your completed form may be delivered to the court by mail, fax: (425) 430-6544, or email.

Contested Hearing (Virtual via Zoom) If you believe that you did not commit the infraction and want to challenge it, the city has the burden of proving by a preponderance of the evidence that the infraction was committed.

You agree to appear at your scheduled hearing. You may subpoena witnesses, including the officer who issued the Notice of Infraction. Subpoena requests must be made to the court in person at least 14 days prior to the hearing. You will be notified in writing of your contested hearing date.

City of Renton | All Rights Reserved | Powered by CivicLive | © 2024 Civiclive. | Disclaimer