Civic Access Self Service Portal Help

The following will help you to navigate the Civic Access Self-Service Portal (CASSP). Our one-stop shop for the following available online services: Apply for and manage Permits, and Veterans Memorial Park Tiles, schedule Inspections, register a Rental Property request a Pre-Application or Permit Ready ADU Meeting, renew a Pet License or request a Zoning Compliance Letter.

Frequently Asked Questions:

I didn't receive my confirmation email for registration, what should I do?

Many domain emails for example [email protected] block unsolicited emails that it doesn't recognize. Sometimes the block/filter is through your system's protection software (i.e. McAfee), therefore, you should contact your IT department, have them turn off the blocking/filtering to allow the [email protected] email to come through to your email box as well as have your IT department add it to your Whitelist

If you are still having difficulty registering with your domain email address ([email protected]), you can register with an email that uses @yahoo, @gmail, or @comcast, etc. During registration be sure you don't use any email address as your usernameOnce you have completed the registration process you can then login, go into your My Account and change the email address associated with the registered user account to your company email address. 

Will the City of Renton email me my permit?

You will receive an email notification that your permit has been issued. In the body of the email will be a link to the permit where you can print the permit online. But the permit will not be an attachment to the email.

At anytime you can print your permit from your dashboard. Or after you apply for an over-the-counter (OTC) permit and complete the payment process, you will be redirected to your My Dashboard, under My Permits, click on the  Active card, find the permit you wish to print, click the permit number link and at the top right of the permit details screen there is a blue printer icon that allows you to print your permit. 

Why can't I see my permit on My Dashboard?

When the City of Renton moved to the new online permitting system the contacts from the previous system did not carry over, therefore you must register on our new Civic Access Self-Service Portal (CASSP). You will need to contact Permit Services at (425) 430-7215 and a Permit Specialist will help you get access to your permits.

I can't schedule my inspections online, what should I do?

First are you a registered user? If the answer is yes, then are you logged in? If the answer is no, you must log in to schedule inspections. If the answer is yes, then the alternative is to schedule your inspections over the phone at (425) 430-7202 using our Integrated Voice Response system (IVR) and after you have scheduled your inspections, please contact Permit Services at (425) 430-7200 so that we can investigate why you are unable to schedule your inspections online.

I am the contractor and I keep getting the following message when I try to add my company as the contractor, "Required certifications not found". What do I do?

Are you applying for an electrical or plumbing permit and only have a general contractor's certification on file with us? If so, contact Permit Services and update your company's contact with the correct contractor's Labor & Industries' (L&I) State certification for the type of permit you are applying for. Please have your Washington State UBI number available for the Permit Specialist to add to your contact.

Do you have a City of Renton business license or is it expired or closed? If the answer is no you do not have a City of Renton business license or the answer is yes, it has expired or is closed. You can apply, renew or reapply online at FileLocal-WA.

Once you have applied, renewed or reapplied, contact Permit Services at [email protected] or 425-430-7215 to have your business license information added or updated on your registered contact. Please be prepared to provide a copy of your receipt from FileLocal-WA and your Washington State UBI number.

Can I pay my invoices online? Do I have to be a registered user to pay my invoice online?

Yes, you can pay your invoice(s) online. Go to the Civic Access Self-Service Portal and click on the Pay Invoice tile, enter your invoice number, click the Pay Now button, fill out your payment details including your email address and click Pay Now. A receipt will be sent to the email address you provided.

No, you do not have to be a registered user to pay invoices online. Follow the instructions above or open the Pay an Invoice tip sheet.

I’m registered and logged in, but I can’t find my Pet License. What do I do?

Visit the License Renewal Page. If the license you are looking for is not there, contact Animal License Services at [email protected] or 425-430-6850 with your license number and email address.

I have questions about the Rental Registration Program

For questions about the Rental Registration Program, please contact Email[email protected].

If you need help registering for the first time online refer to the Rental Property Registration Tip Sheet.

If you are renewing a rental license online, please refer to the Rental Property Renewal Tip Sheet.

I want to get a tile engraved for a military family member, what do I do?

Honor a U.S. military veteran with an engraved tile plaque at Veterans Memorial Park.

You can download a downloadable paper application or contact the office at 425-430-6600 or email [email protected] to receive a paper version.

You can also apply online through the Civic Access Self-Service Portal (CASSP). Need help applying online, refer to the Veteran's Memorial Park Engraved Tile Tip Sheet

Help Videos:

Printing Your Permit


Requesting an Inspection

City of Renton | All Rights Reserved | Powered by CivicLive | © 2024 Civiclive. | Disclaimer