Right of Way Permits

The following is intended to help an owner, engineer or contractor better understand what is expected in preparing, constructing and finalizing a Right of Way Permit as required for work within City of Renton Right of Way.

There are two types of Right of Way Permits:

  1. Standard Right of Way Permit - This permit is for short term or one time use of the Right of Way for construction or general use. This permit is typically obtained over the counter and requires payment of a one time permit fee. A formal application is not required.
  2. Revocable Right of Way Use Permit - This permit is for continual temporary use of excess public Right of Way. This permit requires a formal application with review and approval prior to issuance and incurs an annual fee to maintain the permit. A formal application is required.

If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected] or (425) 430-7240.


Permit Closeout
When all work or use within the Right of Way is complete and final inspections have been passed, contact the City's Permit Services utilizing the contact information above to request a release of any surety device collected at permit issuance.

City of Renton | All Rights Reserved | Powered by CivicLive | © 2024 Civiclive. | Disclaimer